Monday 1 July 2013

Men's basketball: CU Buffs' Dinwiddie named to Team USA for World University Games

Spencer Dinwiddie. ( CLIFF GRASSMICK )

Colorado point guard Spencer Dinwiddie was named to the Team USA World University Games roster on Saturday.

The junior was one of just 12 players selected to participate for Team USA at the Games, which take place July 7-16 in Kazan, Russia. The team leaves for Russia on Monday.

"I was really happy this morning when I found out," Dinwiddie said in a press release. "It's a great honor for me and I thought I had played pretty well, and I felt like I deserved a spot. But at the same time, it's not about the best 12 players, it's about the team. I'm really excited."

Originally, Dinwiddie was one of 26 players invited to the training camp at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. The camp began Monday, and the roster was trimmed to 16 finalists on Wednesday.

The 6-foot-6 Dinwiddie led CU in scoring (15.3 points per game) and assists (3.0) last season, helping the Buffs go 21-12 and reach the NCAA Tournament for the second year in a row. He was named to the All-Pac-12 first team.

Dinwiddie is the only Pac-12 player on the U.S. team.

Source: http://www.buffzone.com/ci_23568477/mens-basketball-cu-buffs-dinwiddie-named-team-usa?source=rss_viewed

chris christie American Horror Story Patti Page anonymous texas chainsaw massacre nfl playoffs crystal harris

No comments:

Post a Comment